Research Assistant (IT Specialist)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the IT specialist position at the Centre for Translational MR Research Centre and the Clinical Imaging Research Centre at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The IT specialist will be responsible to, and work closely with, the PI to ensure smooth IT operations at the two Centre for Translational MR Research Centre and the Clinical Imaging Research Centre at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
IT System Management & Administration
- Windows and Linux server administration and management, e.g., OS Installation, firewall configuration, security patching and upgrading for system vulnerabilities, creating virtual machines, deploying containers (e.g., dockers), management of user accounts and access, etc
- Network infrastructure management, e.g., network issue troubleshooting, systems/servers administration in existing networking infrastructure, computing cluster’s front-end, back-end, and SAN networks, VLAN and closed networks management for specialized medical modalities and lab equipment.
- Information management systems administration and maintenance, e.g., PACS/RIS, LIMS, Siemens applications and applications such as XNAT.
- IT budgeting – department’s IT needs for the year
- Procurement of IT products – source for quotations, call for tender, market research
- Supplier Management – Escalate issues with suppliers’ engineers/manufacturers, Maintenance and oversight of IT maintenance contracts and warranty
- Asset Management – Management IT equipment/assets list for department, yearly asset verification, proper disposal of IT assets
- Adhoc technical support – end-users support, printer set-up, troubleshoot and fix general IT issues, laptop, printer issues, replace parts for IT equipment, reinstallation of OS, SOP and other documentations.
The applicant should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in Windows and Linux System Administration is required
- Networking knowledge (e.g., routing and switching, VLAN, IPv4, IPv6, firewall, access control List, TCP/IP etc) is required
- Knowledge of LAMP (Linux OS, Apache, MySQL, PHP or Python and Java application) is required
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts (e.g., containers) and OS-Level virtualization on Windows/Linux OS and infrastructure virtualization software such VMware vCenter, vSphere is required
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management, users and vendors.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be a good team player, proactive in nature, fast learner, highly organized and have a positive attitude.
- General knowledge of High Performance Computing Clusters and scientific software such as python will be advantageous
- General understanding of XNAT, PACS/RIS System and/or DICOM data archiving/retrieving will be advantageous
- Certification (e.g., Microsoft MCSE, MCP and Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CISSP) will be advantageous
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Thomas Yeo, at email@example.com.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19630