Senior Business Development Manager, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
- UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
- Melbourne, Australia
- $100.000’s package
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 18 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Other Senior Management, Professional Services, Research & Innovation
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Role type: Fixed-term for 5 years
Department/School: Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Salary: SM 1 - high $100.000’s package
- Bring your commercial acumen and outstanding record of Business Development
- Leading role to facilitate the engagement of academics with industry
- Take academic innovations to where they can ultimately positively impact quality of life and society for everyone!
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated.
The Research, Innovation and Commercialisation (RIC) group supports the University’s researchers to make brilliant discoveries, partnering with business, government and not-for-profit organisations so those ideas translate into benefits for society.
About the Role:
As the Senior Business Development Manager (SBDM) for the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (CBE), you'll play a pivotal role in developing and executing the school's business development strategy.
Get ready to drive revenue growth and support the achievement of strategic goals by building relationships with government and industry partners, engaging with academics, and identifying innovative technologies to develop new products and services that will make an impact in our wider communities.
Work closely with the executive team, lead cross-functional teams to deliver on projects, and promote a culture of commercial engagement. Get ready to be a key player in shaping the future of CBE!
For a more detailed outline of scope and responsibilities for this role please refer to the attached Position Description.
You could be the one if you have:
- Tertiary qualifications required, preferably in relevant engineering or STEM field.
- PhD and/or MBA highly desirable, but not essential.
- Strong technical and commercial knowledge in relevant STEM fields.
- Proven track record in generating new business and closing deals in relevant industry sectors.
- Experience in project management, contract and sub-contract schedules, and protecting intellectual property.
- Proficiency in scoping, planning, negotiating, and managing complex arrangements with commercial partners.
- Excellent relationship management skills with a well-established professional network.
- Ability to lead and facilitate teams/resources to respond to commercial opportunities.
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to excellence, and our global engagement.
The University attracts the best and brightest students and researchers, bringing together the world's finest minds to solve globally significant problems.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits. To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience along with your resume. (You ARE NOT required to address the Key Selection Criteria found in the Position Description.)
Suitable applications for this role will be progressed as received, so if this is the role for you, please act and do not wait until the closing date!
NOTE: Internal/ Existing employees are strongly encouraged to speak with their current people leaders prior to submitting your application.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position description: 230308_PD_COO-Portfolio_FEIT SBDM
Applications close: 18 Apr 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time