- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $111,966 - $126,271 + 17% superannuation
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Other Senior Management, Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time continuing position at base salary at Northern Precinct
- The Precinct Manager is responsible for supporting the overall successful operation of the precinct including input to strategic planning, leadership of operational and project management, policy advice and oversight of administrative support for the local leadership team.
- Base Salary $111,966 - $126,271 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Medicine and Health's Precinct model is focused on new ways of collaborating with our health and industry partners to deliver education, research, and innovation to positively impact healthcare outcomes, policy, and global reach.
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and innovative Precinct Manager in the Faculty of Medicine and Health. This is a significant position for the faculty, helping to operationalise and embed our precinct strategy. You will deploy your extensive operational management capability, gained in tertiary education or the health sector, to develop positive relationships with staff, affiliates, and partners across the precinct.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- supporting the overall successful operation of the precinct including input to strategic planning, leadership of operational and project management, policy advice and oversight of administrative support for the local leadership team
- lead the effective and cohesive deployment of systems, processes, and practices for the precinct, ensuring that all people, financial and operational management practices are sustainable and contribute to creating the health workforce and leadership of the future
- provides effective general management of operational and administrative systems, processes, and programs in alignment with university policy.
- experience in managing and building positive working relationships at all levels ranging from senior academics to junior staff members and students
- financial management experience and literacy
- experience in managing budgets and controlling income
- have previously worked in the higher education/tertiary sector or in a senior role in the health sector
- proven management experience with multiple stakeholders
- ability to oversee the effective deployment of resources to optimise outcomes and align with the operational priorities
- proven leadership and management skills.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Deepna Chand, Recruitment Operations, by email to Deepna.Chand@sydney.edu.au
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 02 April 2023 11:59 PM