Research Associate (ARAS)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Adelaide, Australia
- $93,165 - $99,759 (pro rata) per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Other Health & Social Care, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
- Based in Allied Health and Human Performance at the City West campus
- Part-time (0.6 FTE), 22-month fixed term contract until 28 February 2025
- Salary: $93,165 - $99,759 (pro rata) per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Collaborating with The Cancer Epidemiology and Population Health Research group and The Hospital Research Foundation Group, the Research Associate will contribute to development and research efforts for a project focused on developing pathways to help men address sexual health needs after prostate cancer.
About UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance
The UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Academic Unit offers a wide range of degrees and conducts research in the fields of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, podiatry, medical radiation sciences, medical sonography, speech pathology, clinical exercise physiology, exercise and nutrition, health sciences, public health, exercise and sport science, and human movement.
Our degrees meet the evolving needs of the health industry, with our graduates actively contributing to the future health workforce in areas such as medical imaging, rehabilitation and wellness, disability, health promotion, chronic disease, pain management, wellbeing and high-performance sport.
In addition to industry-linked careers, UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance research strengths continue to influence and positively contribute to the health industry and broader community. UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance is home to the Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA), a recognised research centre which investigates the role of exercise, nutrition and other lifestyle activities in improving clinical and health outcome and Innovation, Implementation & Clinical Translation in Health (IIMPACT), a research concentration, which focuses on persistent pain and breathlessness, rural health and stroke recovery.
- Participate in research planning sessions and various other meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage research tasks to deliver outcomes in accordance with set timelines, contributing to the execution of research
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis, utilizing a range of statistical software packages
- Draft reports, abstracts, papers and other documents to provide accounts of research and findings
- Contribute to a safe and ethical working environment through obtaining and maintaining appropriate research ethics and regulatory approvals
Essential Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate qualifications with honours in a related discipline, e.g., epidemiology, behavioural or health sciences, psychology, clinical or population health
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in quantitative and qualitative methods to contribute to study development, including preparation of ethics applications
- Computer literacy skills and familiarity with a range of software's, including Word, Excel, Endnote, Stata or similar statistical software, Nvido, Covidence
- High-level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information effectively and clearly to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated problem solving and organisational skills to manage competing demands and meet project timelines, including the coordination of research activities
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Kiara Lalli, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 5050.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 10 April 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to view the Position DescriptionOpens in new window
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.