- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- $92,679 - $102,830 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR)
- A great opportunity to work with ICRAR’s SPIRIT program, utilising state of the art, web-enabled robotic telescopes in education
- Level 7, part-time (0.8FTE) appointment on a fixed term basis until end of June 2024, with a possibility of extension dependent upon performance
- Base salary range: $92,679 - $102,830 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
ICRAR is one of the largest astronomy institutions and one of the lead Australian organisations participating in the international Square Kilometre Array (SKA) Project. ICRAR has secured multimillion dollar contracts to participate in the SKA software development, SKA-Low power and signal distribution system and SKA-MID phase synchronisation system for the SKA construction period until 2028.
SPIRIT is a world-class robotic telescope program providing educators and researchers access to web-enabled, state of the art robotic telescopes. The initiative is a full life-cycle program, encompassing the creation and deployment of educational outreach programs, resources and teaching to schools in Western Australia. The SPIRIT initiative is unique in Australia and distinguishes itself globally through the use of innovative technologies and outreach strategies.
About the opportunity
Working closely with the Mardella Observatory Director, you be responsible for maintaining and delivering the SPIRIT educational program to schools, enabling students to experience astronomy through the use of the SPIRIT web enabled telescopes.
You will liaise and network with teachers in Western Australian schools to develop and create new opportunities for educational use of the SPIRIT telescopes.
With your passion for education, science and astronomy, you will possess exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Science Education or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Ability to build, maintain and maximise outcomes from collaborative relationships
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and work creatively and productively as part of a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to develop, deliver and coordinate programs and activities unsupervised
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Coordinator (SPIRIT) 514015.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday, 5 April 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Paul Luckas at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.