- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
2. Job Purpose
- The candidate will conduct a specified program of research under the supervision and direction of the Faculty supervisor.
- The primary purpose of the role is to support the RID2D Water project platform at Khalifa University. The work will involve the development and scalability of 2D materials, evaluate and benchmark commercial 2D nanomaterials, support the development of functional and responsive separation materials from these 2D materials.
- The candidate will support extensive campaigns of data acquisition, process modelling and life cycle assessment aspects related to the project.
- It is expected that the research scientist will have strong ability to present research in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, to various government, academic and industrial stakeholders, and also to support the research project management by following the research agenda, managing staff and students as well as organizing data and preparing reports.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator (Dr. Ludovic Dumee).
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and other faculty, if appropriate.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator, co-Investigators and research center members in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the RICH Center, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions
Co-supervision of postgraduate students
Co-supervision of junior research staff
4. Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Chemistry.
- Expertise in the area of water treatment and materials development.
- Records of some knowledge in the field of materials and separation materials scale up, translation.
- Records of industry engagement and IP development.
- Expertise in separation science and (optionally) previous experience on water purification and desalination systems
- Previous demonstrated experience on pilot operation and maintenance
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Good understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Scientist
Job Type: Full-time