Associate Professor / Professor (with Tenure) on Malay-Indonesian Region
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Politics & International Studies
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Department of Malay Studies at the National University of Singapore (NUS) seeks to appoint an outstanding candidate for a full professorial or associate professorial hire (with tenure). Those seeking to apply must have expertise on the Malay-Indonesian region as well as strong credentials in at least one discipline in the social sciences or humanities. Research accomplishments and linguistic mastery on a wider plane of studies to include Malay world connections with the Arabic-Persian, Mediterranean, East Asian and Indian Ocean worlds, including the global Malay diaspora, would be an added strength. It is expected that the appointment holder will demonstrate a strong capacity for academic leadership and management.
To apply, please submit the following as a package:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how your qualifications and plans fit into the long-term development and enhancement of the Department of Malay Studies at NUS.
- Curriculum vitae
- A list of 10 referees (names, contact details and applicant’s relationship to them). They may be invited to submit their recommendations if a candidate is shortlisted.
Application materials should be submitted online via the NUS Careers Portal and addressed to:
Chair, Search Committee Department of Malay Studies Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences National University of Singapore Application Timeline
Candidates should submit all application materials by 30 April 2023. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Contact for further enquiries
Potential candidates are welcome to get in touch with the Chair of the Search Committee to answer any questions they may have at email@example.com
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Malay Studies
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19544