Research Fellow (Ecohydrology)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for one Research Fellow (Postdoc) position in Ecohydrological Modeling to begin in early 2023.
“On the origin of droughts in Mainland Southeast Asia—implications for water and energy security” aims to disentangle the origin of recent droughts in Southeast Asia and, therefore, determine how management and climatic influences are affecting the spatial distribution of water availability in the present and in the future. In particular, the project aims to: (1) quantify the spatio-temporal variability of water fluxes in the hydrosphere and biosphere, (2) quantify how water management interventions redistribute water availability, (3) examine how future changes in hydro-climatological conditions and anthropogenic interventions will affect droughts in the next decades, and (4) determine how future droughts will affect water and power supply security.
The candidate will be responsible for completing the scientific tasks of the project, lead and contribute to publications, and is expected to work to the integration of the different tasks with the other postdoctoral fellow working in the project. Besides contributing to the research activities of the project, the successful applicant is expected to support in a broader sense the research of the Ecohydrology group at NUS, thereby providing occasional support to graduate students (MSc and PhD).
- PhD degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science or related disciplines.
- Very solid numerical skills, including programming skills (e.g., Matlab, Julia, Python).
- Demonstration of innovative scientific results obtained during the PhD.
- Excellent communication skills and capability to present research findings in publications.
- Open to fixed-term contract (24 months)
Note: Applications should include in a single .pdf file: (i) a motivation letter, (ii) a detailed Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications, and (iii) contacts of 2 to 3 reference persons.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19551