About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking an experienced & highly motivated Research Scientist to work on
- Functional porous materials/MOFs/ZIFs New polymers and hybrids/Biomaterials
Candidates should emphasize in their package evidence of high-quality publications as lead author and the potential to do independent research. These positions are initially for one year but are extendable based on satisfactory performance.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the AMCC (URL) and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Experience in Porous materials synthesis and characterization to lead the project Publishing high quality articles in top 10 % journal of the field as lead author Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Materials Chemistry/Materials Science or related discipline
- At least four (4) years post-doctoral research experience and H-Index in SCOPUS/Google Scholar of at least 8
- Expert level knowledge project subject area as evidenced by relevant publications and or patents
- Track record of contributing to the writing of successful research grants
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to lead work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
- Experience leading competitive research grants as principal investigator or named co-investigator in the project team
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Scientist
Job Type: Full-time