Post Doctoral Fellow
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking an experienced & highly motivated Post-Doctoral Fellow to work on the Development of novel 2D, and 3D printed materials for advanced membrane technology.
The job is to provide high-quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University. Since the Post-Doctoral Fellow experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Post-Doctoral Fellow tries to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the Physics department and get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Design, fabricate and characterize 2D polymeric and hybrid films for water treatment.
- 3D printed photocatalytic feed spacers.
- Experience in Metal-organic framework (MOFs), graphene synthesis
- Measurement of Fouling-resistant, flux in water treatment
- XRD, SEM, TEM, and other characterization
- Carry out specific project tasks and deliverables.
- Perform data interpretation, and statistical analysis and generate scientific reports.
- Attend lab meetings, university workshops, and research boards.
- Write papers and publish in high-impact journals (Q1).
- Present results at national and international conferences.
- Able to take teaching responsibility if required
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Ph.D. from a reputable university in Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related discipline
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ph.D. from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- High-impact first-author publications in the top 10% of journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time