Research Fellow (Paediatrics - Allergy & Immunology)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Division of Allergy & Immunology at the Department of Paediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS is looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates with a keen interest in clinical translational research in allergic disease epidemiology and pathophysiology to join our team as a Research Fellow. We run large cohort studies, observational studies and clinical trials in Paediatric Allergy and Immunology to understand the risk factors behind childhood allergic diseases and to develop therapeutic strategies.
Appointments will be made on a two year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow will be responsible to, and collaborate with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to conduct various research projects in the field of Paediatric Allergy & Immunology to achieve high quality and impactful deliverables. Specific roles include engagements with external collaborators, grant writing, study design and planning, data curation and cleaning, statistical analysis and preparation of manuscripts for publication as lead author and conference presentations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will be expected to conduct original research and contribute to the research activities of the group. The RF will be able to:
- Design new studies, conceptualize and articulate hypothesis and aims for studies;
- Lead, advise and assist research assistants in starting up studies and ensuring high quality data curation and compliance with regulatory ethics standards;
- Perform literature searches and scientific writing in the form of grants, manuscript, reports, reviews, abstracts, poster and oral presentation
- Perform data cleaning, statistical analysis and data visualization using a variety of statistical methods and/or platforms, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Assist with administrative duties such as overseeing and planning of study milestones, budget and deliverables with the program admin lead
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position.
The applicant should:
- Have a PhD in Biomedical or Biological Sciences or Bioinformatics;
- Have at least 2 years’ experience with data analysis, working with advanced statistics and grant/manuscript writing;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, self-motivated with initiative;
- Have outstanding organizational skills and interpersonal skills;
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal and excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
- Have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving ability;
- Have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. MS office (Word, Excel), PowerPoint, Adobe, Stata/SPSS, GraphPad Prism and Referencing software;
- Experience in Bioinformatics expertise is favorable
- Competence in R or Python or equivalent programming knowledge is desirable
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Alicia Kang at email@example.com
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19543