Head of Digital Scholarship and Innovation
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £43,155 to £54,421 Per annum
- 22 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Academic Engagement & Innovation
Location: Hartley Library
Salary: £43,155 to £54,421 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 04 April 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The Library’s Digital Scholarship team drives forward innovation and enhanced digital experience through library-faculty partnerships in the areas of learning, teaching and research. Embracing cutting edge technologies, we make and explore virtual worlds; scan and manipulate heritage objects; immerse ourselves in data visualisations and much more.
As Head of Digital Scholarship, you will lead and manage our small, friendly team and work in partnership with researchers, educators and students to develop and support digital activities across all faculties and subjects.
You will take the lead for web-based innovations and help us to ensure that all our digital platforms, objects and pathways are accessible. You will be part of the Management Team within Library and Learning, helping to set the overall direction of our services as well as playing a role in wider University and sector initiatives.
- be passionate about people and digital, adept at building relationships and you will champion a diverse and inclusive approach in everything you do
- have an excellent knowledge of digital scholarship and digital skills
- have an understanding of the changing HE environment, especially the role of digital technologies and their impact on scholarship, teaching and learning
- have extensive knowledge and understanding of how to create and provide digitally accessible learning objects, resources and collections
- have experience of managing a number of projects and have a demonstrable commitment to continual service improvement
- be able to find innovative and practical solutions to problems, involving and consulting colleagues and team members in the delivery of user-focused high quality services.
What we can offer
Working at the University of Southampton gives you access to a wide range of benefits in addition to our competitive rates of pay. Our core benefits include pension scheme membership; a generous annual leave allowance (supplemented by University Closure Days and public holidays) and excellent family leave arrangements (including maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave). All our benefits can be viewed on our Working with Us page
As a university we aim to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We are proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect and equality of opportunity. We believe that we can only truly meet our objectives if we are reflective of society, so we are passionate about creating a working environment in which you are free to bring your whole self to work.
We welcome applications from candidates who are committed to helping us create an inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, people who identify as LGBTQ+; and people with disabilities. We would particularly welcome applications from candidates from working class, first generation Higher Education, the Global South and other underrepresented groups.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please email David Wright David.Wright@soton.ac.uk
The application deadline is midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need assistance, call Recruitment on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Quote reference 2229623KX on all correspondence.