Research Fellow - Senior Health Technology Assessor
- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Greater)
- £49,373 - £58,421 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance.
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health
- Job Type
- Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
KiTEC is looking for a Senior Health Technology Analyst (HTA) to join the health technology assessment team. KiTEC conducts independent evaluations of medical devices, digital and AI health technologies for NICE and NHS England and Improvement and helps start-ups and SMEs to develop and provide evidentiary support for national approval processes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the team to manage the delivery of MedTech evaluation projects and undertake business development and client relationship activities in support of these activities, particularly in the area of AI enabled devices. This person would also be expected to contribute and lead initiatives to support KiTEC’s strategic direction. A working knowledge of systems thinking in healthcare and experience of thought leadership initiatives would be advantageous in this role. Contributions to research projects within the school are also supported should the successful candidate wish to pursue an academic career.
You will be expected to contribute to the development of proposals for new business and contribute to the overall profitability, success and positive image of KiTEC Services. This is an opportunity to have a role in influencing the adoption of healthcare innovation at an international level.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract until 31 August 2024.
This is a full-time post.
Acting as the designated technical lead on projects, working autonomously and delivering evidence-based and accurate content consistently to a high standard, across a varied range of therapeutic areas and a breadth of deliverables, including but not limited to:
• Health technology assessment submissions (including systematic reviews and meta-analysis)
• Research protocols for AI tools.
• Real-world data collection: research facilitation and feasibility reports
• R&D liaison services including information governance compliance and HRA/REC approval via IRAS processes.
• Supervising the application of statistical analyses required for HTA/Research protocols (survival analysis, utility analysis).
• Responsible for internal and client quality control measures and taking personal responsibility for the quality of the team’s work (e.g. Ensuring appropriate QC of junior colleagues’ work)
• Publications in peer reviewed journals.
Other activities include:
• Formal project management of MedTech evaluation projects.
o Desk-based research
o Managing the input of the multi-disciplinary project team contributors
o Leading on appropriate aspects of the project, including the intellectual design, timeline development and the ongoing organisation and execution of projects, including timely communication with colleagues and clients, leading specific aspects of client meetings or the entire meeting, note-taking and execution of relevant actions.
• Within HTA, leading discussions with colleagues and clients, showing the authority and confidence in your speciality knowledge and wider understanding of the health care systems of relevance to your speciality, to advise & support
• Fostering and maintaining existing client relationships
• Leading or participating in expert knowledge activities, e.g. interviews, advisory boards, workshops.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. A PhD in applied science to healthcare or clinical research.
2. Evidence of experimental protocol design for real-world evaluation of healthcare technologies.
3. Knowledge of appropriate funding streams in the UK and globally of medical technology research.
4. Demonstrable knowledge of several clinical pathways in the NHS or other countries.
5. Skills in literature searching relating to public health, social care, evidence-based health care, clinical and cost-effectiveness
6. Excellent written communication skills - ability to write coherently, and in good English, about a range of health technology related topics
7. Evidence of writing reports/publications in English
8. Previous experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team
1. Experience in high level programming languages e.g Matlab, or Python.
2. Experience/Knowledge of Meta-analysis statistical methods
3. Experience in developing and conducting complex, multi-level literature searches