- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $100,032 + 17% superannuation
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Use digital tools and platforms to support eLearning initiatives and develop innovative online learning resources
- Design vibrant and memorable learning experiences, and see your fantastic ideas come to life
- Full time 6-month secondment opportunity, based at Camperdown Campus, with a Base Salary of $100,032 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Medicine and Health is committed to leading change in healthcare, by educating future healthcare professionals and reimagining the way healthcare is delivered. We are dedicated to preparing our graduates to meet the challenges of 21st Century healthcare through innovation in teaching and learning.
As an Education Designer, you will contribute directly to innovation in Medicine and Health education. You will help design meaningful and memorable learning experiences for Australia's future healthcare professionals. You will help us reimagining the way education is experienced by partnering with inspiring experts in Medicine and Health and by leveraging your skills in design, technology, and education to design vibrant and memorable learning experiences.
Current University of Sydney coursework students will not be eligible for the position.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- design creative student-centred learning experiences, both blended and online, that are based on sound educational design principles
- partner with Academic and teaching staff on instructional approaches, activities, and assessments that support student centred learning
- create, test, and implement online and classroom educational resources for staff and students using an LMS and other full range of other education technologies
- use your technical skills and judgement to identify problems, brainstorm and analyse answers, and implement the best solutions
- possess a keenly curious mind and be able to research potential new tools and approaches that can be adopted by academic and teaching staff.
- you will be able to use digital tools and platforms to support academic colleagues delivering online and in-person education (Learning Management Systems such as Canvas, HTML and CSS, desktop video recording and publishing)
- you will be a person that strives to develop and improve your own proficiency in using technology, and in recommending educational approaches, and so creating a positive impact for the faculty and University
- you will exhibit a commitment to continuously learn, and will have the courage to embrace new practices, behaviours and mindsets and be open to new ideas and perspective
- you should be able to understand stakeholders needs and expectations, and deliver an excellent service experience for Faculty staff, students, and the community
- you will enjoy thinking creatively about current challenges and opportunities to develop solutions, encouraging creative capacity in others to optimise outcomes for students, staff and the faculty.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Ajaypal Singh, Recruitment Operations, by email to Ajaypal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 04 April 2023 11:59 PM