Lecturer in Computing
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- PA1 2BE, Paisley
- AC3: £47,047 - £52,841 per annum
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences
5 POSTS - Lecturer in Computing – REQ002029
Due to a significant investment in our teaching portfolio within our Paisley Campus, the School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences is seeking applications from individuals to join the Computing team as a Lecturer within the School’s Division of Computing. You will join a dedicated team who strives to continuously inspire our students and the wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification
- Advance HE Fellowship
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
- Have experience of developing and delivering modules in one or more of the following areas of computing: data science/analytics, cloud computing, network and information security, cyber security, digital forensics and mobile application development.
- Experience in the hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and the use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches is essential.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience for students on MSc Information Technology.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Computing, Engineering & Physical Sciences offers industry-focussed teaching and research opportunities that deliver solutions to real-world problems. You will join an innovative and supportive team, playing a key role in driving forward our ambition to deliver transformational change, through outputs that have a tangible, early and positive impact on society across the globe. Our students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, extensive expertise in research and development, and our robust collaborations with multinational companies across the world.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Sunday 16th April 2023
Interview Date: w/c 24th April and w/c 1st May 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.