- RMIT VIETNAM
- Hanoi City, Vietnam
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics
- Contract Type
- Full Time
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
THE BUSINESS SCHOOL
The Business School is the largest School in RMIT Vietnam with approximately eight thousand students on two campuses (Ho Chi Minh Saigon South and Hanoi). The school has three departments, 112 academic staff, four research fellows and 25 Professional staff. In terms of programs there are four bachelor programs, two PGCert programs, two Master programs and two PhD programs. Each department has one program and the fourth program has nine majors supported across the departments. The school is one of five schools of the RMIT College of Business and Law, Melbourne.
There are six research clusters in the school, three hubs and a forward plan will seek to conflate this structure to a Digital technologies centre and sustainability cluster, with Tourism and Hospitality spanning both domains. The expertise and research foci of the school are blockchain, cryptocurrencies, cybersecurity, smart cities, sustainability, and these contribute to the four RMIT pillars for research.
Recent growth areas have been in research and corporate education (AACSB accreditation is expected in 2024). Staff are currently transitioning into semester teaching whilst the school maintains three intakes and delivery. A new workload allocation framework is now applied to accommodate these developments. Department of Economics and Finance (Economics, Finance, Accounting & Law, Blockchain, Innovation & Enterprise)
The Lecturer in Economics is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise including:
- Teaching at undergraduate, honors and postgraduate level.
- Professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline.
- Work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team
- Update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialization
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below.
- PhD in Economics or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
- Ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role and to manage a varying scope of small to large programs.
- Capability to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Established track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Highly rated performance relating to student outcomes, student experience and feedback
- Excellent team player
- Culturally adept and agile.
EXPECTED RESEARCH PROFILE
- To be considered for a position at RMIT Vietnam in The Business School, you will need to be able to meet the following research criteria.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded more than 5 years ago: you will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of 2 peer reviewed journal articles, of which must be ranked in Scimago or ABDC and preferably both in Q1/A ranking or equivalent.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded within the last 3- 5 years although there are no requirements of peer reviewed journal articles for publication, you need to be research active in relevant research areas.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded within the last 3 years, although there are no requirements you are expected to be research active.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 3 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent)
Information pack for foreign candidates
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button. With your application please include:
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Cover letter
20 thg 4 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.