Professor, Allied Health
- LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne, Australia
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time
- Fixed Term: 3 years
- Predominantly on-site at Eastern Health Hospital (Box Hill)
About the position
A Level E, research only academic is expected to have achieved international recognition through original, innovative, and distinguished contributions to their field of research. They will be expected to provide leadership in the disciplinary field and foster excellence in research, research policy and research training within the institution, discipline and/or profession and within the scholarly and general community. Professors can be members of the University’s Academic Board and are expected to contribute to the leadership not only of Eastern Health and the University as a whole, but with a focus on the intersections between their discipline, Allied Health, and the ARCH.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A research and professional background relevant to implementation sciences in one of the following allied health disciplines: physiotherapy, social work, speech pathology, dietetics, podiatry, occupational therapy, audiology, orthoptics and prosthetics & orthotics.
- Distinguished record of original, innovative, and internationally recognised research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Outstanding record of publications, including papers in top-tier and high-impact journals, conference papers, reports and/or professional and/or technical contributions in the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated high level leadership and management experience in leading research teams or projects and financial management of research budgets within a health service.
- Proven experience in supervising, mentoring, and fostering the research activities of others and contributing effectively at school, and/or university levels.
- Demonstrated track record in the ability to foster a collaborative cross-disciplinary research culture, promoting research collaboration and opportunities for engagement across both organisations as well as the wider health and international research community
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Tuesday 11th April 2023
Position Enquiries: Adam Bird via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Professor of Allied Health.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.