Manager, Finance Business Partners
- SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY
- Gold Coast / Lismore, Australia
- The total remuneration package is up to $146,348.
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- The actions we take today impact all our tomorrows
- Flexible, inclusive work environment with generous remuneration and benefits
- Location choices suited to the Australian coastal lifestyle on the east coast
Southern Cross University is a values-led, young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our game changing new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes, quality of life and a better way to learn.
Southern Cross University’s new 2030 strategy is founded on our people and our purpose to change lives through revolutionary learning and research with real impact. Learn more about our purpose, values and strategy by clicking here.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
The Financial Performance (FP) unit is a key part of the overall Finance function at SCU. Within FP is the Business Partnering team, and our smaller Data and Reporting function. After a long tenure from the incumbent, we are looking for our next super star leader, to take the Business Partnering team from its current high level, to an even better place!
This role supports the University’s objectives and strategic directions by providing leadership on all aspects of financial performance and management. Naturally, this includes core responsibilities like month end review and commentary, budget and forecasting, and various commercial analysis and frequent project work that is performed by the FP team. The FP team also have a broad remit to find ways to improve our bottom line, so this role is one that requires a high degree of proactiveness.
This role will manage an established and high functioning team, of up to 6 direct reports.
You will have demonstratable experience in driving improvements in the business performance by providing insightful analysis and supporting the strategic decision-making process with a high level of commercial acumen. In addition, you will have experience in managing teams in multiple locations, to drive consistent and high performance.
Ideally, you will have gained the required experience from working in Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA) streams within large organisations, in a management capacity. Your background will show your affinity for the FPA/Business Partnering space, as opposed to the Financial reporting side.
More specifically, you will have:
- A relevant degree and current membership with CPA Australia or CAANZ, and extensive accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience leading and importantly, mentoring a team, driving innovation, collaboration and excellence in client service
- Excellent communications skills with experience, including dealing with executive level staff
- Very strong systems and data experience (experience in BI tools, ideally Tableau and/or high level of Excel ability would be highly regarded)
- Experience in the University sector would be ideal, however experience in the consumer sector would also be highly regarded.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities. This position is:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at either Gold Coast or Lismore. Generous relocation support is available.
- HEW Level 9. The base salary ranges from $119,288 - $125,084 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $146,348.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: David Elmer, Director, Financial Performance
Closing Date: 11.59 pm AEDT, Tuesday 11 April 2023
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.