Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Water Policy
IES is seeking a researcher to assist in the completion of a Real Options Analysis (ROA) project.
The ideal candidate should have one of the following;
- PhD in Economics (with heavy quantitative emphasis) with familiarity in environmental or engineering contexts
- PhD in Civil/Structural/Environmental Engineering with familiarity in the economic valuation or engineering economics
- Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or any other quantitative valuation fields with familiarity in applying the stated methodologies in the project context
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Real Options Analysis
- Monte Carlo method, or any similar simulation models
In addition, familiar in any 2 of the methods below serves as a gauge for the subject matter expertise required, in order of priority:
- Binomial lattices
- Uncertainty modelling
- Non-market valuation of ecological features
- Conventional cost-benefit analysis
Proficiency in the following tools:
- SIPmath modeler
- XL Tree
Alternatively, the researcher may propose scripting tools such as R or Python.
Given the uncertainties of climate change, sea level rise, extreme events probability, and socio-economic changes over time, the researcher is to develop the methods within the ROA framework to evaluate the economic viability of different engineering options in an adaptation pathways map for the coastal protection infrastructure. A minimum of 1 coastal location in Singapore is to be used as case study or scenario analysis, with comparison of simulated results between ROA and other techniques.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department : Institute of Water Policy
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19400
Contact list for further enquiries