Coordinator, Digital Content
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- $92,679 - $102,830 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR)
- Exciting opportunity to innovatively develop and deliver ICRAR’s online presence across multiple websites and social media platforms
- Level 7, full-time/part-time appointment on a fixed term basis until end of June 2024, with a possibility of extension depending on funding and performance
- Base salary range: $92,679 - $102,830 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
ICRAR is one of the largest astronomy institutions in Australia and amongst the top 5 radio astronomy institutes globally. It is one of the lead Australian organisations participating in the international Square Kilometre Array (SKA) Project. ICRAR has secured multimillion dollar contracts to participate in the SKA software development, SKA-Low power and signal distribution system and SKA-MID phase synchronisation system for the SKA construction period until 2028.
About the opportunity
You will coordinate the Centre to external audiences and university-based stakeholders through an innovative online presence and the creation of engaging digital content.
With your enthusiasm for science, science communication and astronomy, you will possess exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to adapt to different audiences. You will also possess experience and skills in graphic design, photo and video editing.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial relevant experience in web design, science communication and project management
- Knowledge and experience in social networking and digital content strategies in an online environment
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and ability to negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders to identify needs and deliver outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff from other section with competing interests
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Coordinator (Digital Content) 514014.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday, 5 April 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Renu Sharma at Renu.Sharma@uwa.edu.au
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.