Research Associate in Energy Studies Institute, Decarbonisations Strategies of Other Key Economics
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics, Social Sciences, Geography, Law, Politics & International Studies
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
There is an opening for a research associate or fellow to ensure the timely delivery of research and policy recommendations with national, regional and/or international clients. Topics to be covered centre around how key jurisdictions/major emitters are shaping the global low carbon energy transition and international climate action with their decarbonisation strategies.
- Help to lead and contribute to research projects for public sector, corporate or regional/international clients on topics relating to the transition to a low-carbon economy, particularly decarbonisation strategies and policies of governments.
- Provide supervision and guidance on research projects and proposals.
- Produce policy reports and publish articles in academic journals.
- Represent ESI at events and lead development of new research and collaboration opportunities in Singapore and across the region.
- Participate in relevant internal discussions and activities such as seminars and conferences to position ESI and increase its international standing.
- University degree, ideally at Master’s level or higher degree in the fields of geography, law, energy and climate economics, international relations/politics, public policy or other related disciplines.
- Relevant work experience of minimum 2 years, at least partly in consulting or in policy review and formulation, particularly in the public sector.
- Possess knowledge and experience in climate change and sustainability areas, particularly energy transition with an emphasis on decarbonisation strategies and/or low carbon technology developments.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work well both independently and in a team.
- Possess strong influencing and collaboration qualities, analytical abilities and a broad sense of perspective.
- Track record of securing funding through responding to project tenders from public institutions or development agencies.
- Track record of (or potential to deliver) impactful research publications and/or thought leadership pieces.
- Quantitative skills and the ability to use data and metrics to inform research, decisions.
- Mastery of regionally-relevant language(s).
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Energy Studies Institute
Job requisition ID: 18934