Lecturer in Aviation (Level B)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Mawson Lakes, Australia
- $104,838 to $123,873 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Based in UniSA STEM at Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time continuing position
- Salary range $104,838 to $123,873 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Professorial Lead, the Lecturer: Aviation will contribute to the teaching, scholarship, research and professional activities of UniSA STEM. This position will be responsible for the development, coordination and teaching of courses in Aviation, including undertaking course coordination, evaluation and planning.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
UniSA STEM links engineering, mathematics, science, defence and cybersecurity, environmental science, aviation, information technology, and project management, harnessing the connections across disciplines to bring big ideas to fruition.
- Design and implement learning activities
- Implement innovative teaching approaches
- Contribute to the design and development of engaging course curricula and materials
- Provide academic counselling, mentoring and advice to students
- Demonstrate a commitment to community engagement and be active in raising the profile of the discipline
Essential Skills and Experience
- A postgraduate degree or equivalent in Aviation or professional/industry experience as a Pilot including registration with an appropriate professional body
- Demonstrated ability to undertake teaching duties including the design and preparation of teaching activities and resources in specific Aviation areas
- Strong communication skills with ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Competence in using digital techniques required for effective curriculum delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Alex Koszegi, Senior Consultant: Talent Attraction. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 5039.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Sunday 30 April 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position DescriptionOpens in new window
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.