Lecturer in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $101,724 - $120,380 p.a.
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 03 May 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 2 x Positions Available
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Academic Level B | $101,724 - $120,380 p.a.
- Location: Tonsley
- View Position Description
About the College of Science and Engineering
At the College of Science and Engineering we believe in the power of science and engineering to solve real world problems. We strive to advance fundamental science, to create new technologies, and to work across discipline boundaries. Our interests scale from the sub-atomic through to entire oceans, forests and beyond. We seek to understand the past, but also to create the world of the future. Our College is an exciting place to research, study, and work, supported by best practice teaching methods, practical work-related learning, and advanced facilities.
About the Role
Based at the new state of the art Tonsley Campus, Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Flinders University is in an exciting phase of growth. In this role, you will produce quality research and deliver undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching in engineering with particular emphasis on areas related to electronic and electrical engineering, computer engineering, robotics and automation as well as contributing to current Flinders Engineering research strengths.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Contributing to the organisation, planning, delivery, and evaluation of teaching primarily within the suite of undergraduate and/or postgraduate topics/courses in engineering, through topic coordination, delivery of lectures, tutorials, laboratories, placements, or other contemporary teaching strategies.
- Delivering inspiring and innovative teaching informed by approaches that enhance the student experience and support students with academic and/or other challenges impeding their academic progress.
- Focusing and contributing to supervision of research student programs.
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships and networks with a range of stakeholders including industry and professional associations and organisations.
Please note, this position is eligible for visa sponsorship and relocation support. Therefore, international applicants who do not currently hold Australian work rights are welcome to apply.
The ideal candidate will have a growing reputation for research in an area of electronic and/or electrical engineering that complements our existing College research strengths together with a compelling vision for how their research will evolve in the short, medium, and long terms.
Demonstrating an understanding of the nexus between teaching and learning, research and scholarship, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
- Completion of a PhD, or equivalent qualification in engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Teaching experience in at least one of the following:
- Computer Engineering
- Experience of high-quality teaching in a tertiary environment, including involvement in topic coordination and curriculum design.
- Experience and successful track record in supervision of honours and higher degree students.
- Capacity to contribute to leadership in the area of curriculum reviews and internal and external accreditation activities.
Supporting women in STEM
At Flinders University, we embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to achieving gender equality in employment by identifying and removing any discriminatory employment barriers and taking action to promote gender equality in the workplace. We have been awarded Institutional Bronze Accreditation in the SAGE Athena SWAN program, recognising the University’s ongoing efforts towards achieving gender equity.
Ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Pregnancy Support including antenatal leave, maternity leave for continuing and fixed-term employees and returning from leave support.
- Accredited with the Australian Breastfeeding Association as a breastfeeding friendly workplace.
- Breastfeeding/lactation facilities and childcare on campus
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities in the Position Description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact: Alistair Rendell.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
03 May 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.