People and Culture Advisor
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Multiple fixed term, Fulltime and Part Time opportunities up to 15/12/2024
- Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the People and Culture
People and Culture provide strategic leadership and operational advice to the University, focusing on building a positive work environment that reflects our values. Through the delivery of high-quality human resource policies, procedures, and systems, we provide advice and support to staff and managers on pay, leave, benefits, professional development, equity, diversity, recruitment and health and safety.
About the Role
As the People & Culture Advisor, you will be located at our idyllic Bedford Park Campus and be the first point of contact within the College/Portfolio for the provision of HR advice and for responding to queries on the Enterprise Agreement and associated policies and procedures. With direction from the Senior/P&C Business Partner, you will be required to develop, implement, and manage a broad range of HR projects and initiatives that contribute to the improvement of P&C service delivery.
We have 3 exciting opportunities due to recent internal movements, to provide support to the University’s vision by joining our motivated and skilled team:
- Fixed-term P&C Advisor at 0.6FTE
- Fixed-term P&C Advisor x 2 at 1.0FTE
As the successful candidate, you are a driven individual and possess excellent time-management skills.
You can prioritise and manage the delivery of high volume and diverse recruitment and contract administration process in close collaboration with the Employment Services and Recruitment team. You have great communication and problem-solving skills and can liaise with various stakeholders to provide solutions to our clients.
Some of the key position capabilities of the role include:
- Demonstrated experience working with a HRIS, preferably workday.
- Experience in organising and undertaking multiple tasks with competing deadlines and in applying effective problem-solving skill to a range of issues including the ability to interpret industrial instruments, analyse HR Data and apply policy and procedure.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and experience of providing services in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters of a complex nature.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description. Please include your preference for Full time or Part time position in your statement.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Ann-Marie O’Connor
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
02 Apr 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.