IDS Platforms Analyst & Coordinator
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time at 1.0FTE
- Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the Information and Digital Services
Information and Digital Services (IDS) are a pivotal resource of the University, providing information and digital technology services and support to the Flinders University staff and student community. The IDS team apply technical expertise to support university projects and provide core services such as the IDS Service Desk, Audio visual, simulation and event services, Information security and identity access management services and more.
About the Role
As the IT Platforms Analyst & Coordinator, you will be responsible for contributing to analysis, support and coordination activities related to the ongoing operation and development of the Human Resource Management (HRM) platforms and applications (primarily Workday and Ascender Pay).
Some of the key position responsibilities of the role include:
- Contributing to requirements analysis activities, interpreting business requirements, and translating into technical requirements. Supporting business change impact analysis to identify appropriate change management activities to support system changes.
- Contributing to the continuous development of HRM platforms and applications by analysing, configuring, testing and documenting new functionality and capability.
- Supporting the provision of timely and effective advice and support to customers and stakeholders by identifying improvements to support services.
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating risks related to the activities being undertaken by the role in line with IDS and Flinders University policies and procedures.
As the successful candidate, you have a growth mindset, with a great initiative and willing to learn on the job. You are flexible in adapting to various day-to-day tasks and you foster a positive culture within a close-knit team of professionals. A background in People and Culture, Recruitment or Payroll is desirable.
Some of the key position capabilities of the role are:
- Well-developed thinking, planning and analytical skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal influence and demonstrated ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and customers across a diverse organisation particularly during the design, management, and implementation of customer solutions.
- Experience supporting and maintaining Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications and Software as a Service and enterprise applications and systems.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- In addition to uploading your CV, please submit a Cover Letter elaborating on your suitability for this position.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Kelvin McCarthy
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
02 Apr 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.