SQL Reporting Developer
Location: Southampton Science Park, Chilworth
Salary: £34,314 to £41,931 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 17 April 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Are you experienced in working within a Business Intelligence environment? Are you looking for a role where you can contribute to an organisation that makes a real difference? Then look no further…….
We are currently recruiting a SQL Reporting Developer to join our National Institute of Health and Care Research (NIHR) Co-ordinating Centre to help us achieve our mission to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research.
Who are we?
We are an NIHR co-ordinating centre funded by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) hosted by the University of Southampton. We fund, enable and deliver world-leading health and social care research that improves people's health and wellbeing and promotes economic growth. We are also a major funder of applied health research in low and middle-income countries.
What is the role?
In this role you will be responsible for providing transactional, management and decision support information to a wide range of audiences. This role covers a variety of tasks including:
- Configuring new data warehouses, data sources and SQL scripts
- Supporting and developing existing reports, dashboards and applications
- Capturing and describing user requirements in business and technical terms
- Reviewing and improving all aspects of data quality and security
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with significant SQL development experience in a Business Intelligence environment. As well as being able to manage your own workload we are looking for a great team player who is willing to help out and contribute in other areas to support all team members. Some of the key skills to be successful in the role are:
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL (T-SQL) – e.g., stored procedures, triggers, functions from version 2008 R2 onwards
- Proven experience of contributing in a significant way to large, technically complex projects
- Experience of gathering requirements from end users and transforming them into useful dashboards and reports.
- Experience of database design, warehouse development and ETL processes
- Understanding of best practice in query and/or report development and optimisation
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
How do we look after you?
They say a picture is worth a thousand words so rather than take our word for it why not listen to our staff about what it is really like working here:
We also know that the world of work has changed and so we are open to flexible working arrangements and work in a hybrid way with staff expected to attend our Chilworth offices around 20% of the time. This role is offered as full time (35 hours per week) but we may consider part time to 0.8 WTE, please just state this in your application.
There are many other fantastic benefits to working here including a generous pension and holiday allowance (30 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + 6 University Closure days). Check out all of our staff benefits
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Andy Masters: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please email email@example.com. Please quote the advert reference 2225323VB on all correspondence.