Associate Professor, Finance
- RMIT VIETNAM
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
The Business School is the largest School in RMIT Vietnam with approximately eight thousand students on two campuses (Ho Chi Minh Saigon South and Hanoi). The school has three departments, 112 academic staff, four research fellows and 25 Professional staff. In terms of programs there are four bachelor programs, two PGCert programs, two Master programs and two PhD programs. Each department has one program and the fourth program has nine majors supported across the departments. The school is one of five schools of the RMIT College of Business and Law, Melbourne.
There are six research clusters in the school, three hubs and a forward plan will seek to conflate this structure to a Digital technologies centre and sustainability cluster, with Tourism and Hospitality spanning both domains. The expertise and research foci of the school are blockchain, cryptocurrencies, cybersecurity, smart cities, sustainability, and these contribute to the four RMIT pillars for research.
Recent growth areas have been in research and corporate education (AACSB accreditation is expected in 2024). Staff are currently transitioning into semester teaching whilst the school maintains three intakes and delivery. A new workload allocation framework is now applied to accommodate these developments.
When you join our team as Associate Professor you will bring your expert knowledge, education and experience to add significant value and impact to the teaching, research and industry engagement related activities involved in this role. As an academic member of staff, you can expect to team across undergraduate and post graduate programs whilst developing your own scholarly, research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the program through establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities (locally and internationally).
For a more detailed insight into the role please view the JD.
JD- Associate Professor, Finance
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- Demonstrated ability to direct an award program/s and implement program improvements and innovative approaches to student-centred learning and quality improvement programs.
- Nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in finance and finance-related areas in high quality outlets and emerging international recognition.
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding to sustain research effort, manage funded research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead scholarly development and manage and supervise academic teams and members.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a University.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability as an effective member of a management team that develops and achieves shared goals and objectives.
- Recent, strong and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with notable experience and demonstrated skill in a wide range of teaching settings.
- Ability to operate within and provide leadership across own discipline and cross-disciplinary/multidisciplinary teams to achieve Department and University strategic outcomes.
- Ability to work with external partners, industries, organisations and communities and can operate effectively to address complex issues or seek opportunities
- Ability to motivate, influence, develop and inspire others through discipline leadership in the University environment and with external partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the position and RMIT Values.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance from US$6,000; Educational support up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check up
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
Information pack for foreign candidates
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.
20 thg 4 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.