Business Development Specialist
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for providing support to the Manager and team on the delivery of core services to existing and potential investors and contribute to the planning, co-ordination and delivery of Business Development activity.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist to create fully aligned plans with RIC2D Overall Strategy and build relationships with customers.
- Support Business Development Manager with projects and coordination, assist with aligning teams internally and working externally with other university departments, on follow ups, tasks, deliverables part of the projects.
- Helping BDM build up business proposals, developing action plans, project scopes and briefs, presentations, gathering of information, business analysis, setting KPI’s, enhance process and procedures flow.
- Assist to identify potential research partners by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Support to locates potential business deals by collecting information of potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Participate in screening potential business proposals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop action plans to address clients’ business needs and objectives.
- Advise and promote to clients on how they can benefit from RIC2D initiatives, programs bridge the requirements for their benefit.
- Assist the team with negotiating efforts by studying integration of new venture with University mission, strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Support with coordinating requirements for developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Assist by participating in team initiatives by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing Job Description
- Schedule regular visits and meetings with customers to ensure they are satisfied
- Act as point of contact for complaints and escalate issues as appropriate
- Help BD team up-sell proposals or cross-sell services, solutions and products
- Ensure both the company and clients adhere to contract terms
- Study market and competitors to find new ways to retain customers
- Set sales and revenue targets and work diligently to meet them
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. Business Development, Project Management, Communications,) to address customers’ needs
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Keep updated by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Work to enhance organization reputation by participating in professional events, personal networks and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related fields
- Expats: A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: (0) Experience requirement with good potential to perform assigned duties.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time