Associate Professor in Computer Science
- UNIVERSITY OF SURREY
- Surrey, United Kingdom
- 21 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Monday 17 April 2023
Established in 1966, the University of Surrey provides life-changing education for its students and impactful research that delivers solutions to global problems. The Times Higher Education rated Surrey 55th in the world for impact and the National Student Survey put us in the top 10 in the UK. In the area of Computer Science, we ranked 7th in the national Research Excellence Framework 2021 for the quality of outputs submitted; and Surrey is number one in the UK for graduate employability by the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.
We are heavily investing in the Department of Computer Science to build on our expertise and global impact and grow the department. This is creating an exciting environment within which to work and provides an opportunity for growth. To that end we are looking to recruit a number of Associate Professors in Computer Science to:
- Make steps to lead grants, develop their research credentials at a national and international level.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive manner.
- Make a significant contribution to the advancement of own specialist area which is recognised at national and international level.
- Undertake research in line with the Faculty's research strategy and to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes.
We are seeking candidates who can contribute to our course offerings and to develop and extend our current research portfolio in AI, Cyber Security, and Distributed and Networked Systems. We are particularly keen to attract applications in areas including;
Find out more about our job opportunities here
Data Science, Practical Security, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, NLP, HCI and Usability, Digital Security and Resilience, Autonomous Systems and Robotics, Complex Systems, and Software Engineering.
To be able to do this we are looking for:
- It is essential that the post holder possesses a higher professional qualification, normally a doctoral degree.
- Demonstrated outstanding qualities and achievements in scholarship and research at a national and international level..
- Significant academic publication recorded in refereed journals.
- Evidence of leadership in research, including postgraduate research supervision.
- Evidence of a record of sustained research funding.
- Evidence contributions to conferences, professional meetings and societies at an international level and evidence of achievements in other external activities at an international level.
- Evidence of high quality teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
We offer a generous pension, relocation assistance, flexible working options including job share and blended home/campus working (dependent on work duties).
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.
How to apply
With your application, please attach a full CV with a ‘supporting statement’ evidencing how you meet the essential criteria (maximum 2 sides of A4). We encourage applications from UK as well as non-UK nationals.
For further information about this unique and exciting opportunity, please email Suzi Fox in the Resourcing Team on email@example.com to arrange a call.
Closing date for applications 23:59 Monday 17th April 2023
Interview on site in Guildford between 2nd - 16th May 2023
Further details: Job Description