Research Technology Lead (Clinical Trials), School of Medicine
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD)
- Dublin, Leinster (IE)
- £43,415 per annum
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 03 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Applications are invited for a Fixed Term (up to 31st December 2026) post of a Research Technology Lead (Clinical Trials) within UCD School of Medicine.
The UCD CRC was established in 2006 to deliver high quality, world class, patient-centred research. Together with our hospital partners and the UCD School of Medicine, we have built a skilled and committed research team who help investigators to design and conduct clinical trials to the highest standards. To date, we have secured funding, published widely, and joined prestigious research networks. Our research has been incorporated into national and international clinical guidelines and has been translated into clinical practice to improve outcomes. As part of our continued growth plans, we are expanding our programme so that more patients have the opportunity to take part in high quality clinical trials.
Our objectives are:
- Increase access for patients and clinicians to trials by doubling the number of trials by 2025.
- Grow the UCD research network by including new hospitals and general practice sites.
- Set-up early phase clinical trials
- Improve how clinical trials are designed and run.
- Integrate clinical trials further into our hospitals.
- Continue to build our education programmes to train future researchers and clinicians.
- Share knowledge so that healthcare professionals can use research results in their clinical practice.
- Make sure that patients' voices are at the centre of how we design and carry out clinical trials.
These objectives will be delivered through a significant expansion of our activities and team. To enable this growth, we now seek a Trial Technology Lead to join the CRC Team.
The postholder will have a passion for translational research, excellent time management and organisational skills, tact and discretion in handling sensitive information and the ability to work in a collegial manner. Experience with health related technology/ technology in trials is desirable.
Fixed salary: 43,415 per annum
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 3rd of April 2023.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications.
UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the Work at UCD website: https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/.