Research Assistant / Associate (Quantum Safe Application Engineer), Centre for Quantum Technologies
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Centre for Quantum Technologies
National Safe Quantum Network (NQSN) is one of three national platforms established for quantum technologies in Singapore. These platforms are supported by the Quantum Engineering Programme.
NQSN is actively working to execute the vision of establishing a nationwide platform and a field-deployed testbed for quantum-safe communication technologies, evaluating its security aspects and demonstrating the integration of quantum-safe applications, best practices, and use cases.
We are looking for a candidate who can actively contribute to:
- Develop software use cases & applications for quantum key distribution (QKD) networks
- Develop software interface & perform integration between Quantum key distribution and end-use applications
- Demonstrate quantum safe application across the QKD networks
- Prepare user documentation and guides to support the usage and operations of data systems
- Reporting progress updates to the team on regular basis
- Other related functions as assigned as per need
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of software development experience
- Good experience in programming languages such as C, C++ and Python
- Experience in open source coding, Github is a plus
- Knowledge & experience in cryptographic network protocols such as SSH, SSL is a plus
- Knowledge in cryptography, information security is a plus
- Knowledge in quantum key distribution and/or post quantum cryptography is a plus
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Technical writing and presentation skills
Location: [[Kent Ridge]]
Department : [[Centre for Quantum Technologies]]
Job requisition ID : []
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.