Research Assistant Professor, Biochemistry
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Lecturers / Assistant Professors, Research Related, Research Assistants / Officers
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Precision Medicine Translational Research Programme (PM TRP), National University of Singapore, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine is seeking for a Research Assistant Professor to support the scientific, technical, business & programme development Nucleic Acid Therapeutics Programme (NAT). The NAT Programme (‘Programme’) is an interdisciplinary programme aimed at accelerating the development and commercialization of NATs in Singapore. The Programme involves participants from A*STAR, Singapore Universities and the private sector and is coordinated out of A*STAR, and A*STAR-Genome Institute of Singapore (A*STAR-GIS).
To provide overall scientific/technical direction of the Programme:
- To manage research activities in NAT development
- To supervise and collaborate with lab science, informatics, and statistical research
- To plan budgets with other members of the Programme pertaining to the scientific staff, projects and to assures that funds are appropriated and administered correctly
- To ensure the scientific integrity by applying best practices in scientific research, data management & analytics, computational sciences, implementing QA, QC, and GCP among other techniques.
- To coordinate product development with functional stakeholders
- To work in a safe environment by creating an injury-free and incident-free workplace
To provide an overall business development and Programme’s direction:
- To develop, implement and evaluate procedures in project execution, translation and commercialization of NAT products, and staff/team training
- To operationalize milestone-driven project plans with multidisciplinary teams
- To track progress, communications and effects smooth hand-offs between project elements
- To participate in activities to promote the Programme internally & externally
- To manage scientific communications via progress reports, manuscripts, among others
- To meet regularly with project team members, internal functional stakeholders such as finance etc., and external sub-contractors to for the overall project management including progress reporting, risks, and issues, finances, ensuring project align with Programme’s objectives.
The applicant should have:
- PhD degree in biomedical science/genomics/molecular biology/precision medicine or equivalent, generally with a minimum of 3 years as well as a demonstrated capability to achieve research excellence and develop research programmes and funding proposals, through in-depth knowledge, skills and expertise
- Possessing an MBA will be advantageous with project, and/or programme management with PMP®, PMI-ACP® certification, and/or Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)
- Minimum least 5 – 10 years of business/consulting or start-up operations experience
- Ability to take initiative and develop new protocols
- Knowledge of preclinical, clinical and scientific protocols, procedures and experimental designs
- Strong understanding / background in translating NAT technologies, multi-omics technologies, precision medicine is highly preferable.
- Relevant work experience in both academic and commercial settings is preferred.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication, administrative, internal/external stakeholder management, organizational and team leadership skills.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
Appointments will be made on a 2 years contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Contact List for further Enquiries
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Mr Colin Nicholas Sng, at email@example.com
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Biochemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17579