Senior Coordinator, Operation and Delivery - Cert IV in Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management
- LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne, Australia
- Attractive remuneration, 17% super
- 19 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full-Time or 0.8FTE, Fixed Term
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Attractive remuneration, 17% super, and leave loading
About the position
First Peoples State Relations (FPSR) has developed and funded a nationally accredited Certificate IV in Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management that is offered through La Trobe University. This course is designed to grow skills in Aboriginal cultural heritage management for field-based heritage officers working in the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Manamgent industry.
The Senior Co-ordinator will be the program’s key person in actively building relationships and partnerships with the Aboriginal community organisations and other government and non government stakeholders and La Trobe to ensure the effective running of the program. They will provide administrative and logistical support for the program and participate in teaching activites with the Senior Educator.
The position requires a high degree of independence, initiative, autonomy, cultural awareness and also requires extensive regional travel.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to form a detailed knowledge of academic and administrative policies and the interrelationships between a range of policies and activities.
- Hold or work towards current VET training and educator compliant qualification.
- Experience in Aboriginal cultural heritage management or Indigenous studies.
- Demonstrated ability to gain a conceptual understanding of relevant policies, procedures or systems and interpretation in the application of policy and/or precedent.
- Ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Tuesday, 11th April 2023
Position Enquiries: Katherine Ellinghaus, Acting Head of Department, Archaeology and History
Recruitment Enquiries: Bianca Trajanov, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Position Description below:
PD - Senior Coordinator – Operation and Delivery - Cert IV in Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.