Research Assistant / Engineer
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project funded by Building Construction Authority, where you will be part of the research team under project titled: Mixed-mode Ventilation for Office Buildings in the Tropics in collaboration with Department of Building, NUS.
The main aim of the project is to develop a real-time occupant centric sensing and control strategy that optimises total building performance for mixed-mode ventilation in the tropics
Under this job title, you will be part of Work-Package 1, who has the role to conduct laboratory experiment on thermal comfort study different scenarios of mixed-ventilation implementation in a building.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Assists in co-supervision of final year projects (FYP) or capstone projects students under the Project PI.
- Meeting the deliverables by carrying out the computational simulations and experimental studies planned for under the scope of work of the projects within the timeframe to meet the deliverables.
- Assists the PI in drafting of reports, conference proceedings and journal articles based on the outcome of the projects.
- Prepares and shares fortnightly report of results from the computations with the program director and PI.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master (will be an advantage) in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services
- Strong knowledge and experience in building HVAC systems and control is needed
- Hands on experience on experimental studies, thermal comfort study is high advantageous.
- Experience in retrofitting building project including experience in project management, working with contractors and suppliers, especially building HVAC system is needed
- Able to work independently with strong data analytical skills, communication and interpersonal skills.