Energy Engineer, Energy Efficiency Technology Centre
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Dec 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The applied research at SIT brings our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place. We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen and energize our industry and the wider community. A Research Engineer/Fellow at EETC has a combination of job responsibilities relating to the following:. For this role, will be required.
In collaboration with NEA, the Energy Efficiency Technology Centre (EETC) at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) aims to be the leading technology innovation centre to support local industries on energy efficiency initiatives.
EETC aspires to promote and develop energy efficiency capability and new technologies in the local energy ecosystem for industrial sectors.
- Work with EETC team members and companies on energy assessment projects in industrial systems
- Assist and/or co-develop training in energy efficiency in industrial systems to adult learners and students
- Mentor students in energy assessment projects to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be classroom training, laboratory classes, projects. Development of learning activities / materials and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure smooth execution of the energy audits.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Manage and administer training programmes at the Centre.
- Have hands-on experience in energy assessments and energy efficiency
projects in some of the following areas:
- Industrial systems such as: Chilled Water System, Cooling and Refrigeration System, Mechanical Ventilation System, Heating system, Process Separation, Process Heat Integration, Process Compressor System, Steam and Condensate System, Compressed Air System, Motor Driven System, Power Distribution System and Electric Motors, Lighting System, Renewable Energy System, Process Specific system etc.
- Have a Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Have at least 5 years of project work experience in energy efficiency. Certified Energy Efficiency Opportunity Assessor or Singapore Certified Energy Manager will be advantageous.
- Licensed LEW (Technician grade or higher) will be advantageous for one of the positions.
*Note: The incumbent will be appointed as Research Fellow / Research Engineer if successful.