Senior Analyst Programmer
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $111,966 + 17% superannuation
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time, continuing position
- Exciting opportunity to collaborate with team members to design, develop, analyse, support, and maintain applications
- Base Salary $111,966 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
This position involves enhancing the Australian Electrophysiology Data Analytics Platform (AEDAPT) and other applications. The main project will use your Java full-stack development and DevOps skills to enhance the XNAT imaging platform to orchestrate containers within a Kubernetes cluster.
The role will work within a team of developers, and will be required to design, develop, analyse, support, and maintain applications. The Senior Analyst Programmer will have one or more specialisations i.e., expertise in a development technology, framework, methodology and/or platform used by the team to achieve development goals and will stay abreast of and engaged in recent developments in those areas of specialisation. The Senior Analyst Programmer will encourage and guide team members to maintain currency of their skills and drive continued improvement and currency of the relevant applications.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- undertake programming and development of applications and integrations
- analyse requirements outlined by Business Analysts, Support Analysts and key stakeholders, then document and design programming solutions
- analyse errors in applications, determine appropriate steps to resolve the errors, and implement the fix
- regularly act as team lead for two or more contractors working on projects within the team, guiding their work and ensuring that the software they deliver conforms to ICT standards and norms, and is functional and supportable
- devise and maintain development standards in the area of team leadership specialisation in collaboration with team members, and guide development so that the standards are adhered to. Ensure that the standards are kept up to date with state of the art and ensure that team members can keep up to date by guiding and training them.
- determine optimal designs in consultation with Business Analysts and Architects and other appropriate technical specialists.
- extensive knowledge of Java J2EE application development as well as other development tools and MVC web frameworks.
- experience in creating containerised applications in Kubernetes or in AWS or other public clouds
- significant understanding of and experience with the Software Development Lifecycle using Agile Methodologies to deliver software solutions
- proven ability to work within agreed timeframes. Ability to self-manage competing priorities. Willingness to escalate issues and help resolve
- good communication skills, experience in writing documentation and reports for different audiences
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 02 April 2023 11:59 PM