Assistant Professor in Economics
- UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA
- Ningbo, China
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit an Assistant Professor in Economics in Nottingham University Business School China.
Your Key Responsibilities
- To take the lead on, plan, develop and conduct individual and/or collaborative research objectives, projects and proposals either as an individual or as part of a broader programme.
- To establish a national reputation and regularly disseminate and explain research findings through leading peer-reviewed national publications (on a sustained basis), conferences and other appropriate media.
- To deliver teaching across a range of modules or within a subject area, providing curriculum leadership within own area of expertise.
- Be responsible for the design of course modules and/or programmes of study in specialist area and for their quality. Where appropriate identify the need for developing the content or structure of existing modules and make proposals on how this should be achieved.
- To supervise and examine Postgraduate, Masters and PhD students.
- PhD in Economics or relevant subject area.
- Sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in relevant discipline to develop research programmes and methodologies.
- Evidence of publication record or clear potential for publishing in high quality international journals in relevant areas.
- Experience and demonstrated success in delivering teaching within an agreed quality framework.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award-winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 9,000 in just 18 years. As a key component of UNNC, Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) China is an integral part of the Nottingham University Business School awarding the same internationally recognised degrees offered by Nottingham in the UK. We are a young business school with a strong international and research orientation and we are accredited by the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – the world's most widely recognised quality assurance standards for accounting and business education.
We have strengthened our focus on high impact research, customised executive education and high-quality teaching. We have a vibrant research community emphasising research excellence. NUBS China is an international academic gateway for research on business, finance and economics in China and a centre of expertise on Chinese firms going global.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
Successful candidate will be offered a five-year contract that may be extended by mutual agreement. Salary will be within the range of RMB 429,906 to RMB 566,105 per annum depending on skills and experience (salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance). We are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. We offer international highly competitive salary package and you will have a range of benefits and entitlements, such as accommodation allowance, insurances, schooling support, home flight, relocation & repatriation support, and paid annual leave. You will be offered a wider range of Chinese talent schemes application opportunities based on the eligibility of application.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system on or before 30 March 2023 at
Only on-line applications made at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn) will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding these vacancies may be addressed to Dr. Xiaolan Zheng, Head of Department of Finance, Accounting and Economics of Nottingham University Business School China at email: email@example.com. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000(ext.8854), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.