- MASSEY UNIVERSITY
- Auckland, New Zealand
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
College of Health
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an innovative and engaged Lecturer to the School of Nursing at Massey University, one of the most well-respected Schools of Nursing in Aotearoa New Zealand.
This permanent ongoing Lecturer appointment will see you provide outstanding leadership in nursing education with experience of clinical supervision within pre-registration programmes, and conduct research within nursing/health and related education fields. Experience teaching clinical nursing courses within postgraduate programmes is an advantage. Ensuring high quality learning experiences for students through teaching and clinical supervision, including in healthcare settings, along with coordinating and evaluating learning outcomes is central to this position. As a lecturer you will work with colleagues who have knowledge and skills in a wide range of disciplines and will contribute your expertise in teaching and research that addresses inequity in healthcare and leads to improved patient health outcomes.
You will need the following:
- Recent experience in nursing education, clinical teaching and supervision in healthcare settings
- Experience of teaching, including the use of electronic and online technologies in blended teaching delivery
- Current Nursing Council of New Zealand registration as a nurse
- Completed PhD is preferred, or hold PhD candidature or a completed Master's degree in nursing or an equivalent health-related field
- Ability to work as a culturally safe practitioner within a team
- Excellent communication, time management and relationship building skills
- Health and social sector, iwi and community relationships
What's on offer?
This full-time position is based on the Auckland campus.In addition to a base salary, Massey also offers up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme, five university holidays per year; free eye test and staff study for eligible employees, discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities as well as a comprehensive professional development and training programme.
To learn about the School of Nursing at Massey University, please visit: School of Nursing
If this position is of high interest, please apply on-line. Applications close Sunday 2 April 2023 with interview for successful candidates the week commencing the 3 April.
Enquiries of an academic nature should be addressed to: Professor Nicolette Sheridan, Head of School of Nursing N.Sheridan@massey.ac.nz +64 9 213-6346 however only applications submitted via the Massey Careers application process will be considered.
Closing date: 2 April 2023.
Reference number: CH_SN_335_03/23
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz