Assistant Director, Entrepreneurship
- HONG KONG BAPTIST UNIVERSITY
- Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
- 20 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Directors, Research Related, Other Research Related, Professional Services, Knowledge Transfer / Business Links, Research & Innovation
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
INSTITUTE FOR INNOVATION, TRANSLATION AND POLICY RESEARCH
Assistant Director (Entrepreneurship) (PR0072/22-23)
Reporting to the Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, the Assistant Director of the ITPR is responsible for formulating strategies and roadmaps for entrepreneurship to achieve the University’s mission in fostering innovation, translation, and policy research together with the University’s senior management team. The suitable candidate will be a facilitator of technology transfer, commercialisation, entrepreneurship, and promotion of the University’s capabilities in the strategic areas of (1) health, Chinese medicine, and drug discovery; (2) science, technology, artificial intelligence and big data; (3) art, culture, and creative media, and other fields as appropriate.
The Assistant Director (Entrepreneurship) will perform the following duties:
- In coordination with the senior management to devise strategies and drive technology transfer and entrepreneurship activities, as well as start-ups launching and provision of various entrepreneurial support schemes, training, and advice;
- To proactively engage with different stakeholders;
- To establish and operate platforms to foster successful entrepreneurship;
- To implement strategic initiatives as specified by the senior management team;
- To coordinate and provide various support as necessary with other members of the ITPR to achieve the overall mission of the University.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in life sciences, physical sciences or other technology-related disciplines from a recognised university;
- At least 10 years of progressive experience and demonstrated track record in the field of technology transfer and entrepreneurship, formulation and execution of relevant initiatives and activities, strong network with the industry, government, academia, etc.;
- A dynamic individual who possesses strong leadership and organisational skills; a self-starter with strong decision-making skills and the ability to work under pressure; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English, Cantonese, Putonghua)
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those who are not invited for interview 4 months after the submission of application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled