Scientific Research Fellowship (BI) 027/2023
6 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF ALGARVE
- Faro, Campus de Gambelas e Campus da Penha, Portugal
- 18 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, General Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Research Related, Research Associate, Research Assistants / Officers, Research Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
NOTICE N. 027/2023
OPEN CALL FOR RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION WITHIN THE TERMS LAID DOWN OF THE REGULATIONS FOR RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ALGARVE
TITLE: 2 Research Grants Bachelor of Science
It is now open a call for two (2) Research Grants Bachelor of Science within the project INSPECT, 70291, funding by Programa Operacional do Algarve CRESC ALGARVE 2020, with the following conditions:
Scientific Area: Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Admission Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or similar. Preference is given to candidates with experience and knowledge in Electronics, Information Technologies, Telecommunications and Power and Control Systems, namely with knowledge in namely knowledge in electronics and microcontrollers, optimization and machine learning algorithms, signal and data analysis in Matlab/Octave, programming languages C, C#, Python, Java, sensor networks and IoT platforms.
Work Plan: the work to be carried out consists of supporting the work foreseen in the INSPECT project, Non-Intrusive Performance Monitoring in Electrical Systems . The objectives of this work are: a) Development of systems for non-intrusive performance monitoring, with optimization of the operation and predictive detection of errors and breakdowns, applied to water pumping systems and HVAC systems; (b) Support the research and development of the software and hardware required for the INSPECT project.
Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow, approved by Law n 40/2004, of August 18, in the current wording conferred by Decree-Law n 123/2019, of August 28 and the Regulation of Research Grants of the University of Algarve (https://files.dre.pt/2s/2021/10/210000000/0013700149.pdf) and the Regulation for Research Grants of the Foundation for Science and Technology (https://www.fct.pt/apoios /bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019DR.pdf).
Working place: The work will be developed at Project Laboratory, in the Instituto Superior de Engenahria from the University of Algarve, under the scientific guidance of Professor Jorge Semi o.
Duration of the grant: The grant will have a first contract of 3 months duration, beginning on April 2023. The contract may be renewed until the end of project INSPECT, considering UAlg s Research Grants Regulation. (https://files.dre.pt/2s/2021/10/210000000/0013700149.pdf ) and the Regulation for Research Grants of the Foundation for Science and Technology (https://www.fct.pt/apoios /bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019DR.pdf).
Value of monthly maintenance allowance: The monthly maintenance allowance corresponds to 930,98 euros. The maintenance allowance will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
Selection criteria will be as follows: In accordance with n 2 of the article 11 of the FCT Research Grants Regulation, the selection criteria will be on the following topics with the respective score: candidate's merit, with a score of 60%; merit of the training plan, with a valuation of 20%, and the evaluation process may include one interview, to all or some candidates selected by the panel, weighting 20% of the total score.
The tender jury shall comprise the following members:
- Jorge Filipe Leal Costa Semi o. (President);
- Cristiano Louren o Cabrita. (Effective member);
- Nelson Manuel Santos Sousa. (Effective member);
- Roberto C lio Lau Lam. (Substitute member).
Publication and notification of the results: Final results will be publicized through an ordered list according to the final grade and posted in a conspicuous and public local of Building Instituto Superior de Engenharia from UAlg, Penha Campus, and communicated to the applicants by e-mail to the addresses indicated by each candidate.
Deadline for applications and submission forms: the call is open from 17/03/2023 to 30/03/2023
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Official identification document (simple copy or legal equivalent). If you have a nationality other than Portuguese, you should present a residence permit, permanent residence certificate or long-term resident status, valid on the scholarship start date, any of which may be replaced, in its absence, by a declaration of commitment. However, one of the previous must be delivered at the contracting phase, under penalty of forfeiture of the granting of the scholarship;
- Copy of the qualification certificates of the academic degrees held, specifying the final classification and, if possible, the classifications obtained in all subjects taken;
- If the doctorate has been awarded by a foreign higher education institution, it must conform to the rules established in Decree-Law no. 66/2018 of August 16, and all required formalities must be complied with up to the date of termination deadline for submission of the application. If the completed process is not found until the end of the application deadline, the candidate must prove that he / she has requested the recognition of the degree.
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Passport or identification card for European applicants (copy);
- Taxpayer Identification Number (NIF), if you have a nationality other than Portuguese, it must be submitted during the scholarship contracting phase, under penalty of forfeiture of the scholarship award;
- Other documents considered important
- The Application Request, dated and signed, must be addressed to the President of the Evaluation Panel (https://www.ualg.pt/sites/default/files/documentos/2022-12/anexo-iii-requerimento-para-candidatura-bolsa-en.pdf) to the following address: Prof. Doutor Jorge Semi o, Universidade do Algarve / Instituto Superior de Engenharia, campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal, Reference Projeto 70291-INSPECT or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Scientific Coordinator. If the Application Request is sent by email, the applicant must duly express his/her consent that all notifications regarding this application are sent to the email address given.
Documents to be presented for contracting the scholarship
-Supporting documents stating that the applicant gathers all the requirements for this grant, namely the enrolment certificate in an awarding degree study cycle or in a postgraduate course;
-Supervisor Declaration taking the responsibility for the Work plan supervision, according to article 5 -A of the Statute of Scientific Research Fellow, as well as assuring the necessary conditions for the development of the work plan and in compliance with article 13 of the Statute of Scientific Research Fellow;
-Declaration of the Grant acceptance;
-Declaration of commitment stating the exclusivity regime
Complaints and Appeal Deadlines and procedures
On the decision for granting the Research Grant, candidates may, if they wish, comment on the hearing of interested parties, within 10 working days, under the terms provided for in the Administrative Procedure Code.
From the practice or omission of any act of the evaluation panel, candidates can complain to the body, within 10 working days.
The final decision of the evaluation panel can be appealed to the Rector within 15 working days after the respective notification.scholarship contractWith the applicant(s) selected, and after receiving all the required documentation, a scholarship contract will be signed in accordance with the attached model.Assessment of the scholarship holder(s)At the end of each period of duration of the scholarship contract, the activity developed by the scholarship holder(s) is evaluated by the supervisor, by applying the following criteria, in accordance with the attached model: Compliance with working hours and attendance; Compliance with the work plan, namely in the development of systems for non-intrusive performance monitoring, with optimization of operation and predictive detection of errors and breakdowns, applied to water pumping systems and HVAC systems; Support given to the research and development of the software and hardware required for the INSPECT project.
University of the Algarve reserves the right to cancel this application procedure if by any means the contract celebration with the funding entity is not established.University of Algarve, 14th March 2023Scientific Coordinator
Prof. Doutor Jorge Filipe Leal Costa Semi o
Apply for Scientific Research Fellowship (BI) 027/2023
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly