Social Media Manager
- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- £41,386 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
King’s College London is one of the world’s top universities, with an award-winning Strategic Communications Team. With an ambitious vision, effective communications with key audiences, including across our social media channels, is crucial. As Social Media Manager, you will lead the strategy and content creation for the university’s social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, and including development of the university’s TikTok and YouTube accounts. Working with colleagues across the Strategic Communications Team, you will develop strategic campaigns in support of the university’s objectives and vision that successfully engage and connect with our online communities. As part of this, you will liaise with our social media agencies to employ best practice, respond quickly to the latest trends and analyse data and reports to ensure the channels are successfully optimised.
What you'll need to succeed You’ll be a dynamic, driven person with extensive experience of devising and implementing effective social media campaigns and strategies, and of producing high-quality social media content. To be successful in this role you will be able to transform a news story into engaging social media content and animation to successfully engage followers.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post
• To lead, manage and create content for the university’s main Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts, working closely with the Strategic Communications Team. As part of this, work with the team in capturing footage, imagery and creating animations from across King’s campuses, research facilities and teaching spaces and interview students and staff.
• To lead and further develop the university TikTok and YouTube accounts.
• To create a series of strategic social media campaigns in support of the university’s strategic objectives that engage and excite our online communities. As part of this, plan ahead using a forward planning content calendar and capture upcoming content from across the wider communications network.
• To identify and manage influencer relationships and explore support for key campaigns and strategic objectives.
• To employ best practice from the higher education sector and other industries in strengthening and enhancing King’s social media presence.
• To work with social media agencies in analysing reports and statistics and using that insight to inform strategies and content accordingly.
• To remain alive to the latest trends and news to be able to strategically utilise opportunities to promote King’s strengths in research, teaching and social impact, as well as the student and staff experience.
• To lead on providing advice and guidance on the appropriate usage and content suitable for amplification on King’s main social media channels.
• To support the wider communications network across the university to develop and enhance their own social media channels, by sharing best practice and providing advice.
• To work with the team on any issues that are contributing to online conversation and to decide any action or response as needed.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
• Significant experience of producing successful social media strategies, campaigns and content, including copywriting for social media posts and captions, and creating videos, photography, graphics and animation to meet different platform specification.
• Knowledge of social media best practice.
• Ability to translate complex messages into accessible and engaging content for online audiences.
• A collaborative attitude to work, and with the ability to build effective links and relationships.
• A proactive approach to work, knowing when to work independently and flexibly but also when best to work as part of a team. Enthusiastic self-starter with a positive and determined approach.
• Experience of using evaluation tools to report on and improve activities.
• Knowledge and experience of working in the higher education sector.