- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $129,847 + 17% superannuation
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time fixed term 12 months role available
- Opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to join the ICT team to champion and lead the development of ICT's portfolio of services
- Base Salary $129,847 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant change in our Information Communication and Technology function as we strive to meet the ever-increasing demand for more and improved IT services. As a result, we are seeking an experienced Product Owner to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for and leading the delivery of ICT's portfolio of services that are primarily aimed at student administration, engagement, and support-related technologies. This role will partner with stakeholders across the University and ICT to understand requirements, prioritise and deliver work using an agile methodology to ensure ICT is at the forefront of technology supporting the University.
This role will see you manage the full product line lifecycle ensuring the needs of customers are continuously met.
Reporting to the Digital Product Manager, your key responsibilities will be to:
- manages and establishes the ServiceNow stream of Digital Workplace Product, ensuring product management methodology is implemented and service delivery is best in class
- engage and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the University to progress projects and to ensure ongoing achievement of product teams
- manage the delivery of new features and enhancements, including working with ICT, vendors and SMEs across the University using agile methodology such as SAFe
- lead prioritisation desired capabilities in product backlogs based on stakeholder needs and available resourcing
- support organisational, process, and cultural change as required for the emerging products within ICT
- foster an agile and customer-centric culture within the product teams by active participation and leadership, in regular product sprints and planning sessions.
- expert knowledge and experience in delivering workflow/process improvement technology solutions
- experience fostering an agile and customer centric culture within a product team
- far-reaching experience in leading strategic planning and technology roadmap development
- strong stakeholder management and a solutions-focused approach when interacting with clients
- outstanding collaboration skills to ensure positive and effective relationships are developed and maintained across the university and with external vendors
- exceptional analytical skills to review emerging trends in portfolio assigned technologies and determine the impacts.
*Please note: Applications will be reviewed before the closing date as they are received*
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami, Recruitment Operations, on Mouhamed.email@example.com
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 26 March 2023 11:59 PM