Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Photoacoustic Microscopy and Imaging
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A Postdoctoral fellow position is available immediately for the project which will be involved in the development of a functional photoacoustic microscopy and imaging for in vivo tissue imaging.
The candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in one of the following disciplines: Physical Optics, Applied Optics/Applied Physics; Optical Engineering/instrumentation, Biomedical Optics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
Interested candidates are invited to send in detailed CV together with three references listed via email to:
Prof. Zhiwei Huang
Optical Bioimaging Lab
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
National University of Singapore
Phone: (65) 6516-8856
Fax: (65) 6872-3069
- Demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas is required: photoacoustic fiberprobe design and fabrication, photoacoustic imager design ; tomographic image reconstruction; fiber-optics and imaging; ultrafast laser technique; laser spectroscopy; optoelectronics.
- Hands-on experience in photoacoustic imaging is preferred
- Proficiency in programming using C++, Matlab, Labview is advantageous.
- Creativity and independence are highly desirable.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No