Associate Scientist in Satellite Remote Sensing
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The successful candidate will conduct R&D in remote sensing and will be expected to participate actively in remote sensing.
The following requirements are expected from the candidate:
- Experience and skill in scientific and engineering computing
- Some experience in remote sensing, GIS, machine learning and/or 3D Modelling will be an advantage
- Ability to code and implement data/image processing and/or machine learning algorithms
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to work towards both scientific and operationally oriented goals
A good Bachelor Degree (with Honours) or a Master's Degree in Science, Engineering, Computing or other relevant disciplines.
Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents preferred.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: CRISP, Block S17 Level 2, 10 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119076.
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Centre for Remote Imaging, Sensing and Processing (CRISP)
Employee Referral Eligible: Yes
Job requisition ID : 18566