Research Fellow, Department of Physiology
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Fellow in the Translational Mechanobiology Laboratory, Department of Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. We are developing stem-cell derived organ-on-chip technologies for mechanistic studies of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases and candidate drug screening applications. We aim to integrate multiple organs-on-chips to understand the cross-talk between various cells types and understand its implications in pathogenesis and drug effects. Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow will engage our ongoing collaborations with clinicians, scientists and industries across the nation and will have excellent opportunities and training to develop multi-disciplinary skills and technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will engage our ongoing collaborations with clinicians, scientists and industries across the nation and will have excellent opportunities and training to develop multi-disciplinary skills and technologies and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI).
The RF will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the research project;
- Undertake research project in the laboratory on developing stem-cell derived organ-on-chip technologies for mechanistic studies of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases and candidate drug screening applications.
- Liaise with clinicians, scientists and industries to achieve research project milestones
- Conduct literature searches, perform experiments, and analyse data and present data, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a PhD in Life Sciences, Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or similar fields from highly reputable universities or institutes
- Possess excellent cell culture techniques – cell lines, stem cells and organoid culture preferred
- Be competent in standard biological (molecular and biochemical) assays; staining, confocal microscopy and analyses
- Have track record of scholarly productivity such as publications, patents and conference presentation
- Have evidence of being responsible and taking initiative to solve complex problems
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills
Application Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Koh Kang Sheing Phoebe, at email: email@example.com.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Physiology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18562