Assistant System Technologist (Senior Officer)
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The main role is to maintain and ensure smooth running of University's learning systems for all (students, faculty and staff). This includes user support, evaluation and testing out new functionalities.
To operate technical services and ensure optimal user experience in eLearning systems and applications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and operate enterprise level eLearning systems and applications through industry best practices and exploration of emerging technologies to achieve efficient system operations.
- Perform change requests and proactively monitor IT systems and recommend enhancements/upgrades when necessary.
- Implement projects, from understanding and analysing requirements, providing technical advice, to implementing new systems changes and coordinating activities.
- Bachelor degree or polytechnic diploma in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with at least one year of experience in LINUX/Windows system administration and application performance monitoring/tuning.
- Hands-on system administration experience in Learning Management System (e.g. Canvas, Blackboard, Desire2Learn) and Cloud Infrastructure/Network/Security Administration (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) would be advantageous.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Possess initiative and able to work independently.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technically inclined and possess keen interest in emerging technologies.