Manager, Accounting and Finance
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Finance & Procurement
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Finance, Planning and Governance
The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) invites suitably qualified and experienced Accountants to apply for the position Principal Manager.
Reporting and working closely and collaboratively with the Deputy Director, Finance, Planning & Governance (DD/FPG) and other Senior Managers / Managers within the Department and across divisions within the Institute, the appointee will be responsible for the following job functions, and/or other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Management to meet the needs of the organization.
- Assist the Deputy Director in the strategic development and resource planning for IAL, deploying appropriate and relevant financial strategies that support the institute's corporate strategic directions and work plans.
- Plan and manage the annual and longer term operating and development expenditure budgets and all financial related matters in IAL, including securing the timely approval of IAL budgets and funding requirements to ensure operational sustainability and achievement of strategic outcomes.
- Manage and supervise accounting administrative staff or other managers the day-to-day financial operations within IAL, including revenue, invoices, cash flow, accounts receiveables and payable etc., and conduct regular review to ensure an effective utilization of approved budgets at programme, divisional and overall IAL levels.
- Prepare, monitor, and review, in collaboration with other divisions in IAL, the annual income, expenditure and development budgets; and to ensure financial discipline and marksmanship.
- Prepare the institute's financial statements (balance sheet, profit & loss accounts) and other financial reports according to schedule and as required by stakeholders. Support month-end and year-end closing, annual statutory audits and ensure compliance with the Statutory Board Financial Reporting Standards and relevant accounting standards and guidelines as well as coordinating with relevant divisions and stakeholders.
- Support the institute and its various divisions to prepare budget planning for various institutional ventures or initiatives, such as programmes, projects, special events and consultancy, etc.
- Analyse and monitor the trend, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and budget utilization. Predict future revenues and expenses and recommend corrective actions, if required. Report organizational finances to management and offer suggestions about resource utilization, budget preparation and control, including any relevant or changing assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in accounting, financial management, budgetary planning and control and management reporting, and be able to work effectively with senior management team and other colleagues on accounting and financial management related matters.
- Candidates must be able to prepare a full set of financial statements, and for consolidation with SUSS independently. Experiences gained from an established educational or training institutional with CET programme offerings or services is preferred, but not mandatory.
- A good understanding of educational business operations and the roles of CET or lifelong learning initiatives in Singapore economic environment, and with some experiences in managing government grants, subsidies with be an advantage.
- Provide financial leadership and strategic thinking to support sustainable value-creation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details and deadline orientated.
- Strong oral and written communication, and inter-personal skills and be able to work collaboratively as a team with other colleagues and stakeholders to achieve the organizational goals and objectives.
- Tertiary education. A bachelor university degree in accountancy or an equivalent professional accounting qualification, with a membership of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) is preferred.
- The successful appointee will be based in IAL Campus located at Lifelong Learning Institute next to Paya Lebar MRT station