Research Fellow (Piezoelectric Thin Film Resonators; Machine Learning of MEMS Sensor Data Analytics)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
We are looking for qualified candidate with hands-on experience in design and fabrication of Si/PZT MEMS sensors and resonators; hands-on experience in using machine learning approaches in sensor data analytics
The daily tasks include:
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, simulation, fabrication and testing of Si Piezoelectric MEMS Sensors
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, simulation, fabrication and testing of Piezoelectric resonators
- Take responsibility for development of lithography, ICP etching process and thin film deposition process
- Take responsibility for mask layout by L-Edit
- Write journal papers
- Provide support to a team of engineers, FYP students and master students.
- Minimally possess a PhD Degree in electrical engineering and/or MEMS field
- Strong publications achieved so far are the criteria for selecting the successful candidates
- Hands-on experience in Silicon MEMS design and fabrication
- Hands-on experience in Piezoelectric actuators and resonators
- Doing research in a multidisciplinary team.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18530