Research Assistant, Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant in the Centre for Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions (BISI), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. BISI comprises of an international team of policy and practice experts in research and education with the aim to accelerate evidence-based practice through the use of behavioural and implementation sciences. We work with policy makers, organisational leaders, practitioners and providers to design, implement and evaluate transformative healthcare policies and programmes to deliver and sustain better patient- and system-level outcome. More information is available at https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/bisi.
Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with the senior researcher and other study team members to support research work in BISI and contribute to its research strategies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will participate and support in various research activities in BISI and the key responsibilities are to
- Assist project manager with research administration i.e., ensuring research and related activities are performed in accordance with institutional regulations and sponsoring agency policies and procedures, preparation of research draft proposals, ethics and other regulatory/institutional documents as required, establish and maintain PI file, study logs, reports and other research materials in compliance to ethics and institutional regulations.
- Coordinate research meetings, schedules, and study plans.
- Attend research related meetings and record minutes or notes.
- Monitor and track study budget and timelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Procure or acquire materials needed for research and liaise with vendors as needed.
- Assist with conducting or participate in research activities such as participant recruitment, interviews and answering questions related to the study as required.
- Assist with data collection and analysis.
- Work closely with researchers/PIs to manage day-to-day activities pertaining to research including troubleshooting, communication and protocol management.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work or as assigned by the leadership.
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree in any relevant discipline.
- Experience with project management.
- Relevant experience within an academic or healthcare setting is advantageous.
- Working knowledge in research ethics and HBRA is advantageous.
- Experience with evidence synthesis would be advantageous.
- Experience with mixed methods research would be advantageous
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Mary Ng, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 17952