Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor, Applied Mathematics and Statistics
3 days left
- FEDERATION UNIVERSITY AUSTRALIA
- Ballarat / Berwick, Australia
- $123,384 to $148,195 p.a. plus superannuation
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Institute of Innovation, Science and Sustainability – Mt Helen or Berwick Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Academic Level C - $123,384 or Academic Level D - $148,195 p.a. plus superannuation
About the role
The Institute of Innovation, Science and Sustainability offers Bachelor programs in the Institute’s four main disciplines, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, and Science. The Institute also offers a number of Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters by coursework programs.
As an integral member of our team, you will contribute and provide leadership to the development and delivery of Applied Mathematics and Statistics courses at undergraduate and graduate levels. You will also be expected to contribute to the Institutes research program and administrative functions.
As an Academic Level C, you will:
- develop, teach, coordinate and moderate courses;
- undertake teaching and assessment of undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students;
- supervise students undertaking project courses and honours programs; and
- contribute to administrative functions of the Institute.
As an Academic Level D, you will:
- make significant contribution to develop, teach, coordinate and moderate courses;
- provide leadership for the development, implementation and monitoring of student retention and success strategies;
- play a leadership role in the teaching, research and administrative functions of the Institute; and
- make an outstanding contribution to research activity within the Institute.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment.
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
You will work as part of the Institute’s team of academic and administrative staff. You will possess proven educational, research and professional experience and seek to embed long and short-term research strategies for the Institute within the strategic framework of the University and in accordance with its mission. You will be a creative thinker and avid problem-solver, who possesses initiative, innovation and a can-do attitude.
As an Academic Level C, you will possess:
- substantial University administrative experience;
- commitment to and enthusiasm for learning and teaching;
- an international record of achievement in research and capacity to play a leading role in the Institute’s research program; and
- a significant record of achievement in the supervision of honours and research postgraduate students.
As an Academic Level D, you will possess:
- substantial University administrative experience;
- commitment to and enthusiasm for learning and teaching, and a distinguished teaching record;
- a national record of achievement in research; and
- a significant record of achievement in the supervision of honours, masters and doctoral students.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 2 April 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and response to key selection criteria.
To view the position description, please visit careers.federation.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our Health Sports and Aquatics Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen, SMB and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_6dvxP8cA.
Federation University is committed to The Circle Back Initiative program, whereby we will respond to every applicant.